You're struggling to write the perfect insurance email and you don’t know what to say. What if I said you might already have the content right under your nose?
Chances are pretty good you have already researched, written, and delivered valuable content. Instead of going back to the drawing board, review your top performing pieces from the past. Then repurpose this content into engaging emails your subscribers will love.
Repurposing content is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Decide on a theme or purpose for your email campaign.
- Look at your existing content. Choose items that align with the campaign theme and provide value to subscribers.
- Repackage the content for email audiences.
Let’s look at some places you may find good content to repurpose for your email campaigns…
Blog articles are already tailored toward digital audiences. Thus, they are one of the easiest types of content to reformat for email.
- Themed newsletters that link out to relevant blog articles.
- Monthly blog round-up with this month’s top blog posts.
- Reword informative articles and break them into multiple-message prospect or cross-sell campaigns.
Pro Tip: Blog posts are longer by nature. Break the content into shorter pieces to accommodate an on-the-move email audience.
Social Media Posts
Social posts are already short pieces of content that are relevant and engaging. Take advantage of social media’s large audience to zero in on topics subscribers may want to know more about.
- Agency announcements, contests, or events are perfect for newsletters and one-time broadcast emails.
- Social testimonial/proof campaigns to nurture leads.
Pro Tip: Comments on social posts are great for providing user-generated quotes. Use them to supplement your email’s theme and purpose.
Videos are a fun way to deliver information to email subscribers. Videos also generate higher user engagement. Use transcripts to provide written content you can repurpose into email copy. Or, include the video in your email campaign. Change the title and description for successful videos to breathe new life into them.
- Add videos to your newsletters to provide content variety and increase audience engagement.
- Turn a multi-video series into a drip campaign.
Pro Tip: Take screen grabs of your videos to create images for email campaigns.
Repurpose this high-quality content for your emails to get the most out of the time and resources used to generate your podcast episodes.
- Post-show emails about topics you were unable to develop during the episode.
- Free downloads delivered to subscribers as a benefit of being on your email list.
Pro Tip: Each podcast produces three types of content: Audio transcript, show notes, and blog post or landing page messaging. Repurpose all three to get even more out of this content.
So the next time you're suffering from writer's block, review your existing content and repurpose it for your emails.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Heather Cherry