Here at ITC headquarters, the air conditioning is a little bit higher for the toasty June weather.
As you settle in for the summer months ahead, use these content ideas for your insurance website. Don’t forget to check back next month for 10 more fresh content ideas.
1. National Donut Day – June 2Treat your agency to a favorite local donut shop and snap a few photos. If possible, make a field trip to your nearest Krispy Kreme and pose with their famous paper hats. Post the pictures on social media with the hashtag #NationalDonutDay.
2. Summer Internship TipsAs summer begins, a new crop of young people enter the workforce. Some of these positions include internships in a professional or office setting. What are the top three pieces of advice you’d give to a new intern? Write a blog about it. For example, you could talk about office etiquette, professionalism, and punctuality.
3. Father’s Day – June 18After Mother’s Day in May, it’s time for the dads to shine. Don’t let this holiday come and go without a shout out on social media. Share some fatherly advice or funny stories with your followers, and ask them to share their own.
4. Summer Solstice – June 20The summer solstice is a unique holiday you may not have thought to write about yet. It is the longest day of the year for daylight hours. In fact, solstice is derived from the Latin words sol (sun) and sistere (to stand still). Write about the many ways your customers could best spend this extended day.
5. Ransomware – WannaCryYour customers have likely heard of the recent WannaCry ransomware attack. Take the opportunity to talk about easy ways they can secure their data. It’s also a good opportunity to remind customers that their data is secure at your agency.
6. New Car! Now What?Getting a new car or vehicle can be an exciting time. Write out a step-by-step checklist of what your customers should do as soon as they drive off the lot. For example, placing extra keys in a secure spot for when they’re needed.
7. Summer Bucket ListAs school wraps up for the year, kids and parents alike are mapping out their summers. A fun idea is to create a family summer bucket list. Think of a few of your own bucket list items and write a blog about it. Ask readers to comment with their own.
8. Specialty Insurance PartnersDo you know other insurance agents who work in niche coverages or markets? Write about them on your blog or agency website. If a customer is in need of a special type of coverage, they’ll know where to turn to.
9. Master Packing List
It seems like everyone is planning a getaway this summer, whether it’s a weekend trip or a weeklong resort stay. Make a pdf that can be easily shared online of a master packing list. What are essential items that everyone needs to have with them on a trip?
10. Insurance Awareness Day – June 28Here’s a holiday your agency shouldn’t miss this year. Remind customers of the peace of mind insurance can bring. It doesn’t hurt to remind customers why you’re there for them and do what you do.
About the Author
Emily Nguyen supports the implementation of ITC’s marketing efforts, including producing product newsletters and other customer communications, managing multiple social media profiles, and writing and reviewing content. She has a bachelor’s degree in public relations from Texas Tech University. Emily enjoys social media, exploring Dallas-Fort Worth, and spending time with her husband and their dog.More Content by Emily Nguyen