When first creating a Facebook Business Page, Facebook assigns a web address according to the city the business is located in the form www.facebook.com/pages/City-Name/Company-Name/999999999999. This is not ideal for a business trying to build a brand. There is, however, a fix. If your page has 25 or more fans (or likes), if you are the administrator of the page and you have a unique name in mind you can customize your Facebook Page web address. Bear in mind that you will not be able to change the username once you've chosen it, so make sure it is absolutely correct. Here's how to do it:
- Log in to Facebook.
- Go to http://www.facebook.com/username.
- Select Set a username for your Pages.
- Facebook provides a drop-down menu of all the pages you administer. Select the appropriate page.
- Type in the desired name. It should be the name of the company rather than your main kp, as keyword phrases can change but your company name will not. You will not be able to change the address once you've chosen it. Make sure it is spelled correctly.
- Click Check Availability.
- If available, do one last check of spelling and make doubly sure that this is the username you want.
- Click Confirm.
Your business page now has a customized web address.