You've heard the term SEO before but do know what it means or understand why your agency needs it? Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of raising your website's visibility in the search engines so you get traffic from the organic search results.
Do you know how many visitors came to your insurance website last month? Do you know how many visitors completed a quote form last month? Is your agency's website appearing in search results for consumers who are looking for insurance?
You have invested time and money in your insurance agency website. Now what? SEO that's what.
Here are the top five reasons why your insurance agency needs search engine optimization.
- SEO Helps Increase Rankings - Rankings are where in the search results your insurance website appears. Where your website ranks is instrumental in driving traffic to your site.
- SEO Turns Your Website Into Your Sales Rockstar - Think about it. Your website is open 7 days a week, 365 days of the year. If you optimize your website and it ranks well, you increase your chances of an insurance shopper landing on your website. It doesn't matter what time of day or what day of the week it is. Your insurance agency website is selling for you.
- SEO is a Crucial Part of Your Marketing - SEO is one tool in your marketing toolbox. When used with other tools like social media and email marketing, your business has the potential to grow faster.
- SEO Impacts the Buying Cycle - Now more than ever consumers are researching products and services long before they buy. And most of the research is online via search engines. SEO helps to make sure your agency is in the running.
- SEO Helps Increase Traffic - As rankings increase most agencies see an increase in website traffic. This can increase your leads and eventually your sales if you have a good follow up process.
Your website without SEO is like a city with no street signs. Google needs help understanding your business, and SEO is how you explain it to them. Without SEO insurance shoppers who don't know your agency exists will have a hard time finding your website. Here is a video produced by Search Engine Land that breaks down how search engine optimization works.
Moz founder Rand Fishkin said, 'Websites compete for attention and placement in the search engines, and those with the knowledge and experience to improve their website's ranking will receive the benefits of increased traffic and visibility'.
Have a question about SEO? Leave us a comment below or request a free agency consultation with one of our SEO experts.
About the AuthorMore Content by Stephanie Ewen