Posting customer testimonials on your website is a great way to let prospects learn more about you and your agency. However, care must be taken to make these testimonials valid and compelling to potential customers.
Here are 7 tips for posting effective customer testimonials:
- Add credibility to your testimonials. Make your customers sound authentic by adding full names and places, and maybe even adding their picture. Make it easy for your prospects to see instantly the real-world comments from your customers which will remove any doubt right from the onset.
- Include measurable results wherever possible. Asking your customers to include specific amounts of time and money saved will help to add validity to the testimonials. It is better to hear, "I saved $500 in 15 minutes!" rather than "I saved some money today."
- Make your testimonials as detailed as possible. By asking customers to add specific details of their interactions with your agency, you are making it easier for prospects to identify with them, which in turn will help them consider your agency for business.
- Gather a variety of testimonials. Posting testimonials of customers from different backgrounds, who have purchased different products and services will help potential customers relate to current customers.
- Get permission. Make sure you have written approval from your current customers to publish their names and/or pictures on your website.
- Format your testimonials for easy reading. Use the handy Testimonial Builder in your Administration Console from Insurance Website Builder to create a layout that is legible and easy to understand.
- Bonus Tip: Use video. Seeing a happy customer is more effective than reading about one. If you can get your best customers to make a short video (30 seconds to 1 minute) it will instantly make your customers more accessible, which may elicit better response overall. I mean, let's face it, nobody reads anymore.
Your satisfied and loyal customers are a valuable resource. Use their positive and honest feedback effectively and people will respond which ultimately helps to grow your agency.
About the Author
Darmini Kara performs search engine optimization (SEO) tasks for ITC’s customers, including blogging, keyword research, backlink building, social media management, onsite optimization and some online marketing. She has a bachelor’s of arts in arts and technology from the University of Texas at Dallas. Darmini’s specialties include organic and local SEO, Google Analytics and Search Console, website design, and social media.More Content by Darmini Kara