It’s time for the annual tradition of looking back on the content of our marketing blog in the past year.
We’ve been busy writing about insurance websites, email marketing, SEO, blogging, social media, website design trends, content ideas, reports on Google Analytics and mobile website design, selfies, new Google features and so much more.
I always find it interesting to see which blog posts are most popular. So, without further ado, here are the top 10 agency marketing blog posts from ITC for 2017.
10. Wondering why your website isn’t converting visitors into leads? This popular 2017 blog post gives three simple reasons why it’s not working and how you can resolve it.
9. Will consumers choose a business with an unprofessional, poorly designed or out-of-date website? No, they won’t. This blog post explains why it is so critical to do weekly or monthly maintenance on your website.
8. Top insurance agencies know the importance of social media in reaching their audience where they are. Are you in need of a little more social media marketing at your agency? Learn the five lessons about social media that top insurance agencies already know.
7. Here’s the scary truth about email marketing. People will unsubscribe from your emails. This popular 2017 blog post is a confession of why someone might unsubscribe and what you can do to avoid those mistakes.
6. Backlinks is one of the most important aspects of SEO. Getting them isn’t always easy. So, of course, a blog post about how to ask and get backlinks is going to end up one of the most popular blogs from 2017.
5. Trust is essential to building relationships and closing sales. So, how do you earn the trust of online consumers? With relevant content. And, the best way to get your content to stand out is to use a storytelling approach.
4. When an email marketing expert and a SEO expert go head to head over which tactic is best for lead generation and growth, you want to pull out the popcorn and watch. So, of course this three-part series made our top ten list of blog posts in 2017. Read part 1, part 2, part 3.
3. Just because business slows down in the summer, doesn’t mean there’s nothing to do. This popular blog post had tips for using the summertime to work on your insurance website and have fun with it.
2. One of the most enigmatic things about websites is how do you get Google to rank your site so you can get traffic. Our second most popular blog post in 2017 gave an inside look into what Google looks for in top websites when it’s deciding how to rank results.
1. While blogging is critical to the success of your website, it’s not the first thing you should do. The most popular blog post from 2017 might seem controversial at first. But, it is most helpful to agents who want to start optimizing their websites for search engines but aren’t sure where to start.
About the Author
As vice president of marketing, Becky Schroeder oversees ITC’s growth through marketing and drives the overall marketing strategy for the company and its products. Her specialties include advertising, social media, email marketing, content marketing and public relations. Becky has a master’s degree in integrated marketing communication from Emerson College in Boston and a bachelor’s degree in journalism from Texas A&M University. Becky is a big Texas A&M football fan and enjoys cooking, reading and spending time with her husband and their three daughters.Follow on Twitter More Content by Becky Schroeder