This information should be entered in the SEO Settings section of the administration console. Watch a video on how to optimize your SEO settings for your Insurance Website Builder website.
- Should be the Main Keyword Phrase (kp)
- Must 60-70 characters long (including spaces)
- The main kp is normally 3-4 words long in the format 'Geo-target Line of Business', e.g. Dallas Auto Insurance, Cheap Dallas Home Insurance, Dallas TX Contractors Insurance
- Only insert the main kp. The Website automatically adds ' - Company Name' at the end
- Must be 150-160 characters (including spaces)
- Must include main kp
- Must describe the website, what it offers, what the company specializes in
- Must be a full sentence, i.e. humans read this, so it must make sense, with a full stop at the end, appropriate capitalizations etc.
- Can include areas covered, e.g. cities, counties, state
- Do not include address, hours of business
Note: The top 3 search engines, Google, Yahoo and Bing, do not take page keywords (meta keywords) into account when ranking a website. As such, these are not important if you want to rank in the top 3. However the smaller search engines may still use this data, so it's best to add some.
- Must be at least 10-15 keywords
- Must be comma delimited
- First keyword must be main kp
- Can include derivatives of main kp e.g. home insurance, home, insurance etc.
- Each keyword must be present somewhere on the homepage, be it in the main body or navigation.
- Can include areas covered
- Do not include zipcodes, area codes
Read more about how this is reflected on Google's Search Engine Results page.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Darmini Kara