This information should be entered in the SEO Settings section of the administration console. Watch a video on how to optimize your SEO settings for your Insurance Website Builder website.
- Should be the Main Keyword Phrase (kp)
- Must 60-70 characters long (including spaces)
- The main kp is normally 3-4 words long in the format 'Geo-target Line of Business', e.g. Dallas Auto Insurance, Cheap Dallas Home Insurance, Dallas TX Contractors Insurance
- Only insert the main kp. The Website automatically adds ' - Company Name' at the end
- Must be 150-160 characters (including spaces)
- Must include main kp
- Must describe the website, what it offers, what the company specializes in
- Must be a full sentence, i.e. humans read this, so it must make sense, with a full stop at the end, appropriate capitalizations etc.
- Can include areas covered, e.g. cities, counties, state
- Do not include address, hours of business
Note: The top 3 search engines, Google, Yahoo and Bing, do not take page keywords (meta keywords) into account when ranking a website. As such, these are not important if you want to rank in the top 3. However the smaller search engines may still use this data, so it's best to add some.
- Must be at least 10-15 keywords
- Must be comma delimited
- First keyword must be main kp
- Can include derivatives of main kp e.g. home insurance, home, insurance etc.
- Each keyword must be present somewhere on the homepage, be it in the main body or navigation.
- Can include areas covered
- Do not include zipcodes, area codes
Read more about how this is reflected on Google's Search Engine Results page.
About the Author
Darmini Kara performs search engine optimization (SEO) tasks for ITC’s customers, including blogging, keyword research, backlink building, social media management, onsite optimization and some online marketing. She has a bachelor’s of arts in arts and technology from the University of Texas at Dallas. Darmini’s specialties include organic and local SEO, Google Analytics and Search Console, website design, and social media.More Content by Darmini Kara