A great way to increase your insurance website's traffic is having it show in Google+ Local. Google+ Local, formally known as Google Places, helps people find businesses and share information about them.
Google+ Local is sometimes confused with Google+ Business. They are similar and it is possible to merge the two, but they are not the same thing. Google+ Business is just the company profile page for a business. The best way to tell the difference between the two is to look at the features of the pages. For example, people can't leave reviews on a Google+ Business page, but it is possible to do so with a Google+ Local listing.
There are a couple of ways to optimize your Google+ Local listing for great visibility in local search results. Here's how you do it.
It's important to make the listing as complete as possible.
- First, find your listing or add it here if you don't have one: http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/local/
- Include as much information about your agency as you can. Fill out each field and upload photos. You can upload videos too, if you have any.
- Make sure you add a cover photo and profile image with the correct dimensions. The cover photo can be a picture of your agency, your staff, or anything that you think will give people a good visual of your business. The dimensions should be 2120 x 1192. The profile image dimensions should be 250 x 250 and keep in mind the same criteria as the cover photo when selecting one.
- Also make sure you add your main keyword phrase in the description field.
- Before your listing will appear in Google results it has to be verified. Google will give you the option to verify your listing by mail.
The second way to maximize your listing's visibility in local results is to have your customers write reviews. More positive reviews means Google will give your listing more precedence. This insurance agent's listing is a great example of keeping up with customer reviews.
Here's how you can have your customers leave reviews on your Google+ Local listing:
- Go to https://plus.google.com/local.
- Type in the name of your agency and the city and state it's in.
- Once you find your agency, click on its name. This takes you to your agency's Google+ Local page.
- Copy the listing's web address and paste it into an email using anchor text. It's best to use anchor text because the listing's link will be long.
- Send the email to your customers, family and friends. You can use your email marketing system, Agency Buzz, to send the review invitations. Ask your recipients to log into Google after they open the link and click on Write a Review.
That's all there is to it. These are easy ways to get your listing to appear higher in local search results. If you have Yahoo Local and Bing Local, you can use these same tips to increase those listings' visibility too.