Let's go through creating the perfect blog entry.
- Step 1: The easiest, simplest, most important thing to do is to have catchy, attention-grabbing, click-worthy titles. Make your title easy enough to figure out what the blog post will be about. Show the reader that they will somehow benefit by reading your blog. Use words to evoke an emotional response, like awesome, crazy, stupid, free. Set expectations, there's nothing worse than clicking on a blog post and reading content that is completely unrelated to the title, or doesn't give what reader expects. Don't mislead your readers by posting catchy, but an ultimately empty title.
- Step 2: Writing your own, original content is highly advantageous. Your present your own opinions, as well as satisfying Google's duplicate content rules, that is you're not adding duplicate content. However if you don't have time to write an original post, then you can take articles from other sources, like Trusted Choice, Insurance Journal, local newspapers, community newspapers. Just remember to cite the source at the end.
- Step 3: Add Anchor text to your post. Anchor text is the link label or link title that is the visible, clickable text in a hyperlink. For example link the words Dallas auto insurance, instead of Click here or www.ABCAgency.com. You can link to other lines of business pages, quote forms, customers service forms, other blog entries and other websites. Make sure your blogs are not always entirely self-serving. Providing information rich content, rather than sales-heavy content will result in more visitors returning to the site.
- Step 5: Guide your reader, they've stuck with you by reading the whole post, so tell them what to do once they've finished. Fill in a quote form, join our newsletter, subscribe to our blog feed, like us on Facebook, prepare a disaster kit.
- Step 6: Get your readers to interact with you by asking questions. All blogging platforms allow reader comments, so get some feedback from by asking for comments, or say something controversial to get a reaction.
- Step 7: Don't forget to tell people about your latest blog. You can do this by sharing the link on Facebook and Twitter, you can send out an email out with all the posts on a certain topic to show your expertise in that area. You could even submit your post to sites like Technorati or a social bookmarking site like StumbleUpon or Delicious.