Have you noticed a slight chill in the evening air? The turning of the seasons means that it's time to move away from writing about sunscreen and hot cars.
If you're stuck for new topics pertaining to autumn, you've come to the right place. We've compiled 10 ideas for your agency's blog, social media posts, and email newsletter this September.
Be sure to check our 10 Content Ideas page next month for more monthly topic ideas.
- Labor Day: Plenty of people are off work on Labor Day, which can leave them looking for things to do. What retail sales are you looking forward to? Are there any local events for families? Do you know a great BBQ recipe? Share some ideas that your clients can try while they're away from the office for the holiday.
- Healthy Choices at School: With school back in full swing, it's easy for kids to guzzle down sodas and munch on candy bars from cafeterias and vending machines. Provide some tips that parents can use to teach their kids about making healthy choices, even when away from home.
- 9/11 Remembrance Day (September 11): With every year that passes since the tragedy of 9/11, our nation heals a little more. Even so, we'll never forget those who lost their lives, those who bravely dug through the rubble for survivors and those who still grieve for loved ones. Show your support by adding a banner to your agency's newsletter or posting a memorial on your social media accounts.
- Covering the Pool: As the weather cools and the leaves begin to fall, it's time to start thinking about covering the pool until next season. Provide some pointers or links to tutorials that your clients can use to help with this process.
- Clean the Gutters: If gutters are filled with leaves and debris, the backed up water can begin seeping into a home if it has nowhere else to go. It's recommended that homeowners clean the gutters every fall and spring, so remind your clients to take care of the chore.
- National Comic Book Day (September 25): Let's face it, insurance isn't the most fascinating or desirable topic for many people who aren't in the industry. Keep your clients engaged with your agency by adding some fun posts to your social media accounts. National Comic Book Day provides the perfect excuse to spark a conversation with your clients about the characters that so many people grew up loving.
- Cool Weather Fitness Tips: You may notice it getting chillier during the time when you take your morning run, making it important to shift from keeping cool to keeping warm. From layering clothing to staying hydrated, offer tips to your clients to assist with their outdoor exercise routines.
- Home Maintenance for Fall: Trimming tree branches, reseeding the lawn and other chores are commonly performed during fall in preparation for harsher winter weather. Make a checklist that your clients can use to ensure that their household is ready for the new season.
- Home Insurance: It's not uncommon for households to experience burst pipes, fallen
treesand other woes during winter. While your clients don't have to worry about these issues yet, remind them that now is a good time to review their coverage so they're ready to face any winter problems that may occur in a few months.
- Storing a Boat for Winter: For many areas, it's time to start winterizing and storing boats. Explain storage options and the boat insurance layup period so your clients can make the necessary preparations.
We hope these topics have created a springboard for you to bounce even more ideas off of. And of course, we'd love to hear any other ideas you've come up with in the comments section below.