February is the month of love. It's also the shortest month of the year. With fewer days and a busy schedule, you might find it hard to find a topic for your insurance agency website blog.
As we all know, neglecting your insurance agency's blog is a no-no. Instead of succumbing to writer's block, use one of these 10 topics. These topics are also great to use in newsletters and on social media in February.
1. Groundhog Day (February 2): February can bring the most unpredictable weather. This is even more of a reason to show interest in Punxsutawney Phil and his shadow. Share your favorite groundhog memes on social media to get in the fun spirit of Groundhog Day. You could also poll your followers about whether he will see his shadow or not.
2. RV, Boat and Motorcycle Winter Storage: RVs, boats and motorcycles are big investments. They need protection at all times. Particular when there's winter weather like snow and ice. Provide your clients with tips on the best ways to store these extra-curricular vehicles.
3. National Wear Red Day (February 5): Heart disease is a serious problem. It is the #1 killer of women in the United States. To help bring awareness to this horrible disease, encourage your staff to wear red on this day. Write a blog post about the campaign a few days ahead. Take photos of everyone who participates and post them to your social media accounts. You could also do a social media contest and encourage people to share pictures of their red attire.
4. Tax Prep Tips: Tax season is here. If your agency also does taxes, share some tips for getting ready to prepare that tax return. If your agency doesn't do taxes, this is a great opportunity for a guest post. If you have a relationship with a CPA, ask him or her to write a post for your insurance website.
5. 2016 Super Bowl (February 7): This year is the 50th Super Bowl. There is sure to be a lot of hype leading up to the big event. There is a lot of content opportunity. You could share Super Bowl party tips and recipes. Poll your followers to see who they think will win. Or even host a watching party at your favorite local establishment.
6. Vacation Planning Tips: Although we're still in the midst of winter, the warmer months will be here before you know it. It's a great time to start thinking about vacations. Remind your clients that now is the perfect time to start planning those trips. Got a list of awesome vacation spots? Share them. It's also a great time to mention the importance of car, RV and travel insurance.
7. Valentine's Day (February 14): Valentine's Day is the day many couples share their love and appreciation for one another. Do you have ideas for the perfect romantic evening? Share some of your favorite tried-and-true date night ideas with your clients. Or maybe compile a list of some non-traditional date ideas for this romantic day. Tie two topics together. Do a social media contest for National Wear Red Day and make the prize dinner for two at a local restaurant.
8. Baking Recipes: For many, cold weather is the best time to bake some goodies for family, friends or coworkers. Ask your staff to submit their favorite baked recipes with you, and share them with your clients. You could even ask your Facebook fans to submit their favorite recipes. Then feature those recipes in your newsletter.
9. Local Events: Just because it's cold outside doesn't mean the fun has to stop. Write a list of local events, like concerts or indoor exhibits. This will encourage your clients to grab their coats and get local!
10. Annual Coverage Review: By the time your newsletter or blog reaches your clients, we will be well into the second month of 2016. Explain the importance of the annual insurance policy review. If they haven't already done so, offer to look over their policies for them.
And there you have it! 10 topics your clients will love reading in February. Pick your favorite ideas, and get started on your content.