Introducing customizable page URLs for Extra pages especially for Insurance Website Builder customers. Now when you create an Extra page on your website you can add a descriptive web address, which is very advantageous for SEO. Here are the highlights:
- This feature is only available for Extra pages.
- There are two fields to fill out, you must enter both fields in order for your page to be viewable.
- You can enter your own words or choose the first field from a drop down menu.
- You can use the handy View on Site Live link to view live web page, located beside the two fields.
- You are only allowed certain characters in the fields: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, hyphens and underscores.
- The maximum number of characters per field is 50.
- The extension ".aspx" is automatically added to the page.
Here's what you need to remember to optimize for the search engines:
- Use insurance related keywords and geo-targets in the customized web addresses.
- Make sure to separate keywords by either hyphens or underscores. This will make it easier for the search engines to read.
- Make sure you don't duplicate keywords. For example, this is not acceptable, http://www.agencyname.com/homeowners-insurance/home-insurance.aspx.
- Don't go crazy on the number of keywords you can add, there should be a maximum of two words per field.
- Make sure the web address makes sense to a visitor, that the two fields are somehow connected. For example http://www.agencyname.com/auto-insurance/sr22.aspx.
- Be careful not to duplicate existing pages URLs.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Darmini Kara