We all know how important blogging is. It helps users engage with your agency and makes it easier for search engines to find your website. The problem is, everybody is blogging, and you need something to make your blog posts stand out. The easiest, simplest, most important thing to do is to have catchy, attention-grabbing, click-worthy titles. And here's how:
1. Curiosity - Make your title easy to figure out what the post will be about, yet still keep the reader wanting more.
a. Ask questions - "Do you know the difference between home insurance and flood insurance?"
b. Add an oddity - "What insurance coverages do Superheroes have?"
c. Present the opposite - "There is no such thing as Cheap Insurance"
d. Introduce controversy - "Pay for Cheap auto coverage, or Save your Family"
2. Give an advantage - Show the reader that by reading your blog post, they will somehow benefit. Examples include:
a. How to ...
b. 8 Ways to ...
c. Learn about ...
3. Evoke an emotional response - Readers may not always choose to read something based solely on how it makes them feel, but it could subconsciously influence them. These are better suited to social media posts. Use words like:
4. Appearance - The supposed ideal length of a blog title should be seven words long. Introduce some alliteration or rhyme to make it look and sound pleasing. Not as important as points 1 to 3 above, but still worth thinking about.
5. Set Expectations - There's nothing worse than clicking on a blog post and reading content that is completely unrelated to the title, or doesn't give what reader expects. Don't mislead your readers by posting catchy, but ultimately empty title.
So there you have it. Remember, try to write a title that you yourself would find interesting as a consumer. And just have fun with it!
Do you have any tips or examples of titles that received good feedback?
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Darmini Kara