A few months ago, we talked about how an insurance agency website is like a major city with highways that bring in lots of traffic thanks to a blog full of fresh, informative content.
If you've started blogging to turn your website from a one-stoplight town into a major city, you've taken a great first step. The next step is to start driving traffic to your blog.
22 Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Insurance Website Blog
- Create awesome content.
- Build a following on social media.
- Share each post with your social media community as you publish them.
- Add links to your blog on your social media profiles.
- Build your email list.
- Share a snippet of your blog post in your agency newsletter, and link back to the full post on your blog.
- Make it easy to share your blog posts by including social media share buttons at the bottom of each post.
- Have an RSS feed option, and invite people to subscribe to your blog using your RSS feed.
- Offer yourself to your referral sources as a guest blogger.
- Comment on other blogs.
- Reply to all comments on your blog posts.
- Interview people from your community - the more influential, the better - and blog about it.
- Make sure your blog is easy to read on mobile devices.
- Optimize your website for the search engines.
- Use your keywords in the title, the post itself and any images you use.
- Find a publishing schedule that works for you, whether that's daily, weekly or monthly, and stick to it.
- Put your current blog post on your home page.
- Link to previous blog posts that are relevant to the same subject.
- Participate in LinkedIn groups.
- Add a link to your blog in your email signature.
- Include other forms of content like videos and infographics.
- Mention your blog at your events, webinars, etc.
Is there something we missed? How are you increasing traffic to your blog?
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Becky Schroeder