Once again, it's time to come up with ideas for next month's email newsletters and blog posts. Writing can be a tough process, so I've made it a little bit easier by coming up with 10 great ideas for you to write about for your agency's content in June.
- Friday the 13th (June 13): This day gives many people the chills. Why not have a little fun? Share a scary story, whether a campfire classic or a modern tale. And while you're at it, let your clients know if there are any local movie screenings of Friday the 13th or if The Rocky Horror Show is running at a local theatre so they can join the spooky fun.
- Father's Day (June 15): What do you like to do with your dad to celebrate this day? Whether you grill up a feast or hit the golf links, share some ideas with your clients. There's only so many times you can buy your dad another new tie.
- Insurance Awareness Day (June 28): While insurance is a no brainer to you and your staff, many of your clients may not know much beyond the fact that they want protection. Take this as an opportunity to teach your clients about the basics of insurance. Insurance 101, if you will.
- Commercial Liability Risks: While all businesses face liability risks year-round, some seasonal businesses have an increased risk during the summer months, like swim schools or beachside bars. This is the perfect time to share advice on how to minimize these risks and explain how liability coverage (and umbrella coverage too) can protect businesses.
- Hurricane Season: Starting June 1, the likelihood of hurricane formation is greatly increased. You can't stop the flood waters, but you can prepare for them. Make a list of flood preparation tips. Don't forget to remind your clients that flood insurance has a 30-day waiting period.
- Car Care: Washing your car helps get rid of dirt and debris that can damage the paint job and corrode metal components. But with summer droughts and water bans, you may not be able to wash your car in your driveway. Share local water restrictions and a list of car washes that will remain open during a ban.
- Road Tripping: Summer is a great time to travel with the kids, but how do you keep them occupied on a road trip? From classic car games to making up family stories, the possibilities can stretch as far as your creativity. I bet your clients would love to use some of your ideas to fend off the 'ole reprise of 'Are we there yet?' during the whole ride.
- Pool Care: Now is the prime season to splash around in the cool water, but who wants to swim in a dirty pool? Keeping up with pool maintenance not only keeps your pool working properly, but the clean water is also better for your health. Share some pool care tips so your clients can enjoy the best of summer.
- Beat the Heat: Summer can be rough! How do you cool down? Perhaps share some recipes for homemade popsicles, ice cream or sangria. Even better, offer some tips for cutting back on air conditioning costs while still keep the house cool.
- Summer Camp Packages: Your clients' kids may be having a blast at summer camp, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't love to hear from their parents. I remember getting a package made a fun-filled day at camp even more exciting. What should your clients send over? Share your ideas for a summer camp package like candy, toys, sunglasses, markers and disposable cameras. And don't forget a handwritten letter.
Don't get up just yet! With so many fresh ideas running through your head, there's no better time to start writing your agency content for June. In fact, can you think of any other seasonal ideas to share with us?