The winter blues can take a toll on energy and creativity, but that's no excuse to neglect the content for your insurance agency website. Continuing to create good content is crucial for building and retaining a solid clientele.
Here are 10 ideas you can use on your blog or email newsletter in January.
- New Year's Day (January 1): The beginning of the year is when people usually set goals. Kickstart 2015 by wishing your clients a happy New Year and sharing some of your own resolutions for inspiration.
- Keeping Your Resolutions: Many people give up on their New Year's resolution about two to three weeks into January. This is especially true of fitness-related goals. Have you had success keeping up with your resolutions? Offer some tips to help your clients stay on track too.
- Storing Holiday Decorations: Offer tips on how to store holiday decorations as people start to take them down so the decorations look as good next year.
- Winter Pet Safety: Cold weather can have ill effects on anyone, including pets. Remind your clients to keep animals inside during wintertime for their safety.
- Burst Pipes and Flooding: Even if people wrap their pipes, there's still a possibility of a pipe bursting. Create a checklist or instructions on how to file a home insurance claim in case your clients find themselves in this situation.
- Winter Activities for Boaters: For avid boaters, winter may seem like a jail sentence. But there are still activities they can enjoy, such as purchasing new boating equipment and visiting boat shows. Make a list of such activities so your clients who love boating can still partake in their passion in the offseason.
- Your Cozy Photos: Every agency with a social media page wants engagement with followers. Our numbers have proven personal photos garner the most likes and comments. How do you stay cozy during winter? For fun, share some photos of your agents bundled up in the cold.
- Emergency Items for the Car: Winter storms can cause some dreary driving conditions making it possible for people to get stuck in their cars for hours. Make a list of emergency items your clients should keep in their cars in case of emergency situations.
- Health Tips for Snow Shoveling: Shoveling snow is no easy task. From back pain to overheating from exertion, shoveling snow can be rough on one's health. Provide tips so your clients can make lighter work of a tough chore.
- Layering Up for Outdoor Exercise: You may think it's a great idea to bundle up in thick layers before taking a jog outdoors, but it's easy to overheat as your body warms up. It's best to dress in a few lighter layers and remove them if necessary. Share similar tips with your clients so they can keep up with their exercise, regardless of the weather.
These 10 content ideas should help get your creative juices flowing.
Do you have more ideas to add to the list? Leave them in the comments section below.