Traveling to visit family over the holidays? Here are 10 ideas for your agency's blog and newsletters so you can write your insurance website content in advance and have more time to enjoy the holiday season.
- Hanukkah (December 16): Do you have a latke or brisket recipe that has been traditionally passed down your family tree for generations? Want to remind your clients about the inherent risk of burning candles? These are great topics to cover to ensure your clients have a happy and safe holiday.
- Christmas (December 25): Make Christmas the most wonderful time of the year for your clients by sharing information pertaining to the holiday. This could include donation drop-off locations, Christmas tree lots or a list of neighborhoods to visit for the best Christmas light displays.
- New Year's Eve (December 31): This night, though festive, is risky because of the flowing champagne. Remind your clients to drive with extreme caution and select a designated driver if going out.
- Resolutions: Many people associate the new year with making resolutions, often pertaining to weight loss or fitness. However, most people fail to meet their goals after a few short weeks. Offer some pointers for staying on track, especially if there's a tip or trick that worked for you.
- Caring for Pipes: It's not uncommon for pipes to freeze and burst during the winter cold. Provide some information about pipe insulation and techniques used to prevent damage, such as letting faucets drip and opening cabinets under sinks. Also explain how homeowners insurance can come to the rescue in the case of such an emergency.
- Cooking Safety: Most home fires start in the kitchen, and the risk increases when cooking big holiday feasts. Share safety tips with your clients, such as turning pan handles inward and keeping towels away from hot stoves.
- Indoor Activities for Kids: Poor winter weather may force everyone indoors from time to time, so share some ideas for keeping children busy during these occasions.
- Decorations and Fire: Furnaces, space heaters and fireplaces all create a higher risk of fire, which only grows worse after adorning a home with flammable holiday décor. Remind your clients to keep Christmas trees and trinkets at least three feet away from fire or other heat sources.
- Holiday Cookie Recipes: Many people participate in holiday cookie exchanges or enjoy baking for friends and family. Share some of your favorite recipes to spread the holiday joy.
- Saving on Heat: Heating a home doesn't have to break the bank. Do a bit of research about ways to lower heating costs and share the information with your clients. It's one more way you can help them save.
These 10 content ideas are a great way to begin writing blog posts for your insurance agency website and newsletters for December before the season gets too busy. Do you have any other ideas? Let us know in the comments below.