As spring blossoms, many find a renewed creative side. There's no better time to sit down and write some excellent content for your agency. To help get you started, here are 10 ideas to write about for your agency's insurance website blog and email newsletter in March.
1. Plant a Flower Day (March 12): There's no better way to celebrate spring than to plant flowers and encourage new growth. Are there any local events where families can plant flowers together? How about educational opportunities for children to learn about botany? Share this information with your clients.
2. Cleaning Gutters: Keeping your gutters clear of debris is essential to help prevent water damage. Remind your clients to clean their gutters out at least twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall.
3. St. Patrick's Day (March 17): Many celebrate this day by attending parades and guzzling green beer. While it's fun to partake in the festivities, it's also important to be safe. Encourage your clients to appoint a designated driver or take public transportation. You could also share family fun activities in your community that celebrate this holiday.
4. Coverage for Sporting Vehicles: With warmer weather on the way, people are dusting off their boats, ATVs, RVs, golf carts and other sporting vehicles. Does your agency write these policies? Let your clients know.
5. National Doctors' Day (March 30): Take a moment to thank all the doctors out there who work to make the world a healthier place. Remind your clients to thank their doctors as well.
6. Flood Coverage: Now is the time of spring showers. Plus, hurricane season is around the corner. This makes it a good time to explain the benefits of flood insurance to your clients. Mention the 30-day waiting period so they know not to wait until a storm is looming.
7. Spring Cleaning: Many people take the time to de-clutter their homes this season. Do you have any organizational tips? How about recipes for cheap, safe cleaning solutions? Share your methods to make your clients' lives a bit easier.
8. Springtime Lawn Care Tips: Greenery is reviving, and it's time to get back into the yard and spruce it up. If you have a green thumb, share your favorite tips for maintaining a lush lawn.
9. Preparing for Tornadoes: March is the start of tornado season. Although the bulk of windstorms occur in the south, they can happen anywhere in the country. Offer tips for preparing a home emergency kit and taking cover if a tornado should occur in your area.
10. Tips for Outdoor Exercise: The weather is starting to improve. So, people are starting to jog and bike outdoors again. Share some tips about your favorite activities, recommended clothing, staying hydrated and more.
We hope these 10 content ideas help you get started on your insurance agency website blog and newsletter for March. Maybe you can even knock out some writing today!
If you have more ideas, we'd love to hear about them in the comments section below.