How do I increase my agency’s online presence?
It’s a question I get often. My answer is two words.
Let’s take a closer look at why value is your key to agency marketing success.
Why Value Matters
When I was a kid, my family listened to the radio a lot on car rides. Every few minutes, I’d hear a new Mitsubishi commercial that harped on one thing: Low prices.
These commercials left an impression on me, but not a good one.
They made me think, “If all they advertise on is price, their product and customer service must be garbage.” To this day, I’ve never even considered buying a Mitsubishi vehicle.
I’m not the only one who feels this way about price-heavy advertising. Every consumer wants to save money. But, most don’t want to sacrifice quality to do so. They need another differentiator to consider.
Value is that differentiator. It conveys not only how little a consumer will give up for your service, but also how much they’ll get back in return. This is critical in the insurance industry, where it’s impossible to advertise on price alone.
Value positions your agency as clear choice in a cluttered marketplace. Once it’s established in the minds of your consumers, it can become your most powerful selling point.
How to Convey Value
It’s easy to see the benefits of weaving value into your marketing. But how do you pull it off?
You do it by selling the experience.
Consumers aren’t coming to your agency to sign their name and set up a recurring payment. They’re looking for a financial security blanket. For peace of mind.
As such, consumers want personalized attention. They want exemplary service. They want a shopping process that’s stress-free and frictionless.
The good news is, it’s easy to provide this experience. It only takes the right attitude and some top-down training.
Here’s how to put this into motion:
- Commit to a customer service philosophy across your agency. The customer should always come first. Demand a positive, helpful attitude from your employees. Remind them that how they answer the phone or handle a dispute matters. Customers can go months without engaging with your agency. Every call, email or in-person visit counts.
- Ensure your agency website matches your philosophy. Your website should be easy to navigate. And consumers should be able to take instant action. So, cut out clutter. Make all buttons and forms easy to understand. Think mobile-first.
- Answer complicated consumer questions on insurance. Insurance can be a confusing subject. Are your consumers familiar with how coverage works? How to file a claim? The difference between an independent and a captive agent? Create videos, graphics or articles that make these topics easier to understand.
- Track online reviews of your agency. Consumer sentiments matter. Encourage customers to leave reviews on sites such as Google, Facebook and Yelp. Take note of positive sentiments. They’re ironclad proof of your agency’s value. And always make sure you respond to negative reviews with professionalism and class.
- Share the experience you provide. It’s time to put it all together. Take everything you’ve done in the first four steps and include it in your marketing materials. Be specific, yet concise. That way, your message can remain consistent on Facebook ads, emails, website copy and more.
The first four steps are intuitive. The fifth is a bit harder. Don’t overthink it. Share what you’ve done in your own voice. Consumers will see the value, and they’ll appreciate the authenticity.
What to Expect
Value-based marketing might bring a mixed bag of results at first. You likely won’t see your agency’s search rankings increase. And you shouldn’t expect see a flood of new prospects overnight. But what you can expect to see is an increase in your close ratios.
By committing to this strategy, your agency will have gone the extra mile to prove its value. That means consumers will know what to expect when they contact you. They’ll be more likely to trust you even before their first point of contact.
Earning trust is the most difficult part of closing sales. If a prospect already trusts you the first time they contact you, all you need to do is close the deal.
It’s also worth noting value-based marketing can pay big dividends over time. As your agency earns consumer trust, referrals should follow. Consumers could associate your brand with value as well. All this can boost your agency’s online presence in a big way.
Marketing on value is like a Thanksgiving leftover sandwich. It gets more mileage out of the consumer experience your agency already provides. And, it does this in a way that allows your agency to stand apart in a crowded market.
So, what are you waiting for? Put value at the heart of your agency’s marketing today!
Need a hand with your agency’s marketing plan? We’re here to help. Contact us today to get started.